Holy Name of Jesus Church

Youngstown, OH (circa 1918)

Existing panels within large balcony window had been previously replaced in 1960s but were blown inward and destroyed during a storm—also causing significant damage to the pipe organ. The church elected to install new frame, leaded glass, and protective exterior coverings rather than recreate the faceted panels.

Scope of project included:

  • Removal of remaining wood frame from balcony window; detailed measurements taken for frame fabricator
  • Custom replacement aluminum frame fabricated by J. Sussman Inc., NYC
  • New configuration of panels designed to be compatible with original leaded glass designs in sanctuary
  • Leaded panels fabricated to fit new frame; panels cemented and reinforced
  • New frame installed into opening, vented to interior; sealed along masonry perimeter
  • Leaded panels and exterior coverings installed into newly installed aluminum frame