Cleveland, OH (circa 1941)
Panels within large balcony window had been previously replaced in 1990s but existing frame members were unable to support over time. Wood muntins were splitting and folding—too narrow to be repaired or reinforced adequately. Other window frames along west wall of sanctuary were also in need of maintanence.
Scope of project included:
- Removal of all existing leaded panels in lower section of balcony window; Deteriorating wood frame holding these panels also removed entirely; opening boarded-up securely
- Custom replacement aluminum frame fabricated by J. Sussman Inc.
- Leaded panels refurbished and combined into larger sections to fit new frame; panels cemented and reinforced
- New frame installed into opening; sealed along masonry perimeter
- Leaded panels and exterior coverings installed into newly installed aluminum frame
- Millwork replacement as well as scraping, priming, painting, sealing of exterior wood frames along west wall of sanctuary